There are two RefWorks interfaces now - please follow the links below:
Don't have an account? - Sign up here
Had an account for some time now? - You are probably using the Legacy RefWorks Interface.
You just signed up in Fall 2016? - You are probably using the New RefWorks
BU started to provide access to New RefWorks summer 2016, but we are supporting Legacy RefWorks until the end of 2017.
More help about New RefWorks and Legacy RefWorks
Here is some info about the difference between the two and how to upgrade from Legacy to New:
What unique features does the New RefWorks offer?
- Auto-completion of references and suggestions of citation info
- Save pages from the web and from popular research websites to document library with a click of a button
- Automated recognition of uploaded documents
- Share documents with collaborative annotation (ability to highlight and add notes) as well as various levels of sharing (read-only, annotate, modify)
- Built-in document reading, with zoom capability, supports PDF and Office files
- Read saved web pages in ‘distraction-free’ mode, stripped of ads and navigation
- Google Docs Add-in for writing and formatting papers
Some limitations you should be aware of in New RefWorks:
- only 1 account per BU email address
- only 1 attachment per citation
What unique features does Legacy RefWorks have?
- De-duplication by folder and upon import
- Global editing of citation information
- Administration customization tools
- Integrated RSS Feed Reader
- Indexes by author/descriptor/periodical
- Ability to search library catalogs from around the world from within your account
- Ability to post an Institution-wide Output Style
- Ability to store multiple file attachments to a single reference
- Ability to share a folder or database publicly via a unique URL