Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Aboriginal Education Links
Check these links for lesson plans or other resources:
- Manitoba First Nations Education Resource Centre Inc. (MFNERC) was established in 1999 by the Assembly of Manitoba Chiefs. It provides the province’s leading education, administration, technology, language, and culture services to First Nations schools in Manitoba. Be sure to explore the many tabs along the top of the page that lead to a huge variety of resources/info.
- Western and Northern Canadian Protocol for collaboration in education (WNCP) Several cooperative projects are underway, including the development of common curriculum frameworks with learning outcomes in mathematics, language arts and international languages.
- Path of the Elders This is the story of the Mushkegowuk and Anishinaabe Peoples of North-Eastern and North-Western Ontario, Canada and the signing of Treaty No. Nine
- Our Words, Our Ways: Teaching First Nations, Metis, and Inuit Learners. This resource, located at Alberta Education, provides information about First Nations, Métis and Inuit (FNMI) cultures and perspectives, and sample strategies for meeting the needs and recognizing the gifts of FNMI students.
These links have information about Aboriginal Languages
- Indigenous Languages of Manitoba, Inc. Incorporated in 1985 to promote the retention of Manitoba's Aboriginal languages.
- FirstVoices A group of web-based tools and services designed to support Aboriginal people engaged in language archiving, language teaching & culture revitalization.
- Xaat Kil The Haida Language. Includes sounds of spoken Haida (Alaskan)
Indigenous Education Resources in British Columbia