Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Interlibrary Loans During COVID
Brandon University Interlibrary Loans is currently providing electronic service only. We will be unable to obtain print books on loan due to the impact of COVID on library services worldwide. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
About Interlibrary Loans
Interlibrary loans (ILL) is a service that provides access to items not held in our Library but available for borrowing from other libraries. The service:
- Operates by identifying where requested items are held and then requests them on behalf of our library users.
- Is available to all Brandon University students, staff and faculty.
- Is free except in the case of some theses and other costly items.
- Can take anywhere from a few days to a few weeks, depending on the difficulty of locating an item and the suppling library.
- Takes less time if people supply the library with as much information as possible about the item being requested (e.g. Author, TItle, Journal Title, Volume, Issue Number, Page Numbers, Date, etc.)
How to Place an ILL
ILLs can be submitted to us via various Databases and Worldcat, (for books not held in our library). To do so:
- Click on and then select Submit an ILL - or click on .
- Enter in your Username and Password
- Ensure all relevant information is in the form.
- Read the terms and then click on Submit
ILLs can also be typed in manually. To do so:
In either case, you will need to use your Brandon University ILL account to do so.
There are several kinds of items you can and cannot get through interlibrary loans. For more information consult our Borrowing Guidelines, or contact Heather Tornblom by email at ILL@BrandonU.ca or by phone at 204-727-7316.