Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
The John E. Robbins Library uses the RELAIS ILL system.
If you wish to submit requests to us, we ask that you by do so:
- Pointing your ILL systems to our new GSM or ISO address. To obtain our GSM or ISO address contact our ILL staff via email or phone (204) 727-7316.
- Contacting us in order to obtain an account and submit your requests here.
All other inquiries related to our service can be met either by contacting us via email or phone (204) 727-7316.
The John E. Robbins library has a four week loan period beginning the day the item is sent and ending the day the item has been returned to the library.
The John E. Robbins Library charges for ILLs are as follows:
- COPPUL/OCUL/CAUL/CREPUQ members: no charge for loans; $5.00 per article.
- Other libraries: reciprocal rates (minimum $5.00 fee for libraries that charge).
- Manitoba libraries: no charge.
- American and international libraries: $25.00 per request.
- Urgent requests: $10.00 surcharge.
- Fax requests: $5.00 surcharge.
- Lost or damaged items: replacement cost plus $20.00.
Types of Materials Loaned
The John E. Robbins Library will fill requests for books, articles, book chapters, microfilm, DVDs, theses, bound serials, and other materials at the discretion of the ILL Staff.
The library does not loan VHS cassettes, audio recordings, newspapers, reference and reserve materials, and unbound serials.
Some materials may be copied and sent, provided it complies with copyright law and is amenable to either handling or copying.