Record each Breakout Room
To enable a designated Recording Person in a Breakout Room to record and retain a recording from individual Breakout Rooms, a Host should:
1) Find a volunteer to act as a Recording Person for each Breakout Room.
2) Recording Person must be on a laptop or computer— iPads and iPhones do not have the Record feature.
3) Have instructions prepared to inform each volunteer how you want the files titled and shared after the class ends.
4) Click on the More next to the name of each volunteer who will be Recording Person and give them permission - Allow to Record.
5) Create your Breakout Rooms.
6) Once you have a group of volunteers - enough for one to be assigned to each of the Breakout Rooms you intend to create, then you may assign each member of the class to a Breakout Room, along with one of your volunteers.
7) At this point, you as the Host begin your recording click Record. You are recording the Main Session and any Breakout Room you drop into - this recording feature follows you.
8) Explain the purpose for recording the Main Session and within the Breakout Rooms to the class - for example, to document the development of a group project.
9) Open the Breakout Rooms. As soon as you open a Breakout Room, the assignees will be moved there automatically if you set that up. If not, the assignees will be asked to join their assigned room via a popup feature.
Recording Person: Once each group is in their respective Breakout Room, the Recording Person in each Room will announce to the group that recording is about to begin.
The Recording Person will: