Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Our interlibrary loans department can obtain a book from another library.
- Before making a request for a book, please check our library catalog to see if the library has the book.
- ILLs can be placed via Worldcat. To do so, click on and then select Submit and ILL.
- To place an ILL outside of Worldcat click here, select Request Book, and fill out the Form.
In order to facilitate the quick delivery of materials tell us the author, title, place of publication (if known) and the date. WIthout this it is harder to identify the appropriate material.
- Because books have to be shipped through the postal system, please allow up to two weeks for us to obtain them.
- We will contact you via email as soon as we receive books.
- The loan period of ILL books is two weeks after we receive them. In some instances the loan period can be extended.
- The library reserves the right to charge $1.00 per day for overdue ILL books.
- We cannot obtain rare books. For copyright reasons, we cannot obtain a photocopy of a complete book. We can obtain a copy of a chapter of a book so long as it is not more than 10% of the book.
- Time restrictions prevent us from obtaining books through ILL for distance education students. However:
- Students residing near another university in Canada can borrow materials from that library if you contact our Off-Campus Library Services and request a COPPUL Card.
- Faculty in Winnipeg can use the Faculty COPPUL Card to obtain ILLs for books and other physical items from the University of Winnipeg.